Today I finally have my first pre-natal visit with my doctor. I've been weirdly looking forward to this for forever and a day now. They told me to come up with a list of questions to ask the doc while I was there and of course I procrastinated until the last minute. Here's what I came up with:
- My due date was estimated for July 1, 2007. How much earlier do you think I will actually deliver?
- Is the pre-natal vitamin I'm taking sufficient for my needs since I have multiples? Is it okay to continue taking this vitamin along with the additional vitamin supplementation you recommend?
- How much weight should I gain? What should be my nutritional focus? Can you give me specific breakdowns that I should be shooting for in terms of major nutrients (i.e. fat, carbs, protein, etc.)?
- Can I exercise? What do you recommend? I was thinking of finding a pre-natal yoga class. Is this acceptable?
- Can I have sex?
- When should I call you? What constitutes a "go immediately to the hospital without calling us" emergency?
- Can I eat the pre-packaged cold cuts from the supermarket? Is all "deli meat" out? Can I have a tuna salad sandwich once a month or am I dreaming? How much chocolate is acceptable?
- How soon will I know if I need to go on bedrest? How many of your multiples patients wind up on bedrest? On average, for how long?
- Fibroids have been mentioned at my last two ultrasounds but to my knowledge I never had them before. Are these a result of the infertility drugs? How will they affect my pregnancy?
- What's your stance on an occassional glass of wine (like once a month)?
- I still have some cramping. When can I expect this to end or is it normal to have this throughout a pregnancy? How will I know the difference between a cramp and a contraction?
- Which hospital should I expect to deliver at? Will I be able to tour the NICU unit?
I couldn't think of anything else, but I hope that this is enough. If you do think of something before 11 AM today, please leave it in the comments for me.
I'll report back later on...